Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Blog Post 7
Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams By Randy Pausch Click on the Above Picture to view his astonishing lecture.
Truly Breathtaking, Randy Pausch has left a legacy that will live on in the lives of millions forever. During the first half of his lecture, I began to recall the childhood dreams that I once had. I then began to evaluate my life now. I am very thankful to know that my dreams can actually become reality and I can accomplish these dreams while having fun.
Pausch presented ideas in such a way that I simply had to nod my head in agreement. There were several times that I found myself rewinding the video because of the wisdom he possessed. One’s problems seem so minuscule after hearing such a prolific speaker deliver such a revolutionizing speech. I believe that this speech definitely reawakened dreams that had been lying dormant in me for years.
There are many quotes that I will be adding to my toolbox to include:
- Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things
- Be good at something it makes you valuable
- Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcomed
- When you’re screwing up and nobody’s saying anything to you anymore, that means
they gave up
- Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted
- Luck is where preparation meets opportunity
- The best way to teach someone something is to have them think they’re learning
In closing, I would like to leave such a legacy, to be impacting lives long after I've left this world. As a future educator, I will be given a unique opportunity to cultivate and reawaken lost dreams. I am the catalyst to which dreams can come true, what an awesome responsibility. I believe that there is a greater cause for our dreams and it is to propel others to greatness. I am committed to finishing the course – regardless of the brick walls!