Monday, July 5, 2010

Comments 4 Teachers (Part 2)

On July 5, I began to follow teachernz.edublogs.org
This is a wonderful blog for educators who are interested in learning how to incorporate technology into the curriculum. Some of the blog posts that I found interesting were: Twitter at Southwell, Paperless Day, and 3-D Printer. Please see below for my responses on selected blog posts.

July 5, 2010 - Paperless Day
Hi my name is Gina Pace and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. As a class assignment, I will be following your blog with the expectation of gaining lots of insight as a future educator. I would like to begin by saying that the Earth Day projects were amazing! I have a friend who is a kindergarten teacher and her entire school is transitioning to paperless instruction. I am sending her a link to your blog! She is sure to be fascinated by the work that you all have done. You have shown me just how creative our students can be; the possibilities are endless.

I enjoyed seeing how engaged the students were, their expressions were priceless. I do not believe that they could even imagine how much they learned in a single day. I hope that this is something that you will continue for years to come. Also, thank you for including the link with the projects that were made at various schools. As a future teacher, it’s nice to have such great resources available to me. On July 15, I will be summarizing my visits to your blog. Please feel free to visit my blog and post any comments or suggestions that you may have. I am also including a link to our class blog

July 9th, 2010 - 3-D Printer
Absolutely amazing! I look forward to the day that I officially have my own classroom. I cannot wait to see all of the student creations being completed with gadgets like the 3D printer. Kinesthetic and visual learners will have a ball with an instrument like this. Very 21st century!

July 14, 2010 - Twitter at Southwell
I’d like to say thank you for such informative posts regarding twitter. I never understood the value of twitter before reading the random links posted on your blog. If used responsibly, twitter can be a great resource to connect educators around the world. I also enjoyed reading the valuable ways to incorporate twitter in the classroom. Thank you for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment